}

Thursday, December 04, 2014

And the round-ups begin


Each year at this time we start seeing various end-of-year things, wrapping up the year in ways both serious and, well, less so. One such thing I look forward to each year is the annual mashup by DJ Earworm. This year’s, “United State of Pop 2014 (Do What You Wanna Do)”, is above.

This year is a bit different for me in that I know very few of the songs included, yet they topped the Billboard charts this past year. Huh. I honestly don’t know whether that says more about me or the year, since this is a first. Maybe I’ll have a better idea next year.

At any rate, this is a diversion in what is a very busy week for me, yes, but there are actually several more videos I’ve run across that I want to share here as well—when I have time to say something about them. Soon, I hope.

But a diversion isn’t necessarily a bad thing, anyway, and not just because, I’m busy; there’s all the bad stuff in the news, too. I can use a little diversion right now. From what I’ve seen, I think some other people could use one, too.

2 comments:

rogerogreen said...

Oddly, I know MORE of these than in previous years, thanks in no small part to Weird Al having covered a few. Having a 10 y.o. also helps.

Arthur (AmeriNZ) said...

Yes, but when she's a teenager, she'll probably be embarrassed that you know the popular music. Which, for most folks, is probably a great incentive to remain current…