}

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Let the 2018 asking begin

It’s once again time for my annual “Ask Arthur” series of posts, beloved by many and hated by a few (or, the other way around…), something I’ve been doing every December since 2012 (plus two July series). Last year, I asked for questions the end of November so that I could begin the answers earlier and spread them out a bit more. The idea was good, even if it didn’t change the timeframe too much. So this year, I’m beginning the asking ten days earlier than last year, and though I still plan on beginning the answering in at the start of December, I’m hoping this time it’ll actually happen.

This series of posts is a chance for people to ask me nearly anything, and I’ll try to answer whatever I’m asked. I have no particular topics that are “off limits”, but if I can’t answer something for whatever reason I’ll say so, though I’ve never had a question that I wouldn’t answer.

In earlier series, I’ve been asked about myself, my past, about life in New Zealand—mine or in general—about being an expat, what I think about various topics or events in the news, and so on. Many different things, many possibilities.

To ask questions, leave a comment on this post (anonymous comments are allowed). Or, you can email me your question (and you can even tell me to keep your name secret, although, why not pick a nom de question?). You can also ask questions on the AmeriNZ Facebook page, though keep in mind that all Facebook Pages are public, just like this blog. You can also send me a private message through the AmeriNZ Facebook Page.

Finally, as I always note, this idea is stolen from inspired by Roger Green’s “Ask Roger Anything” (“ARA”) posts, which he still does, and far more often than I could manage.

So, over to you: Ask your question whatever way works best for you, and I’ll do my best to answer it.

All posts in this series will be tagged “AAA-18”. All previous posts from every “Ask Arthur” series are tagged, appropriately enough, ”Ask Arthur”.

Previously:

What do you want to know? (December 2012)
Ask Arthur (July 2013)
Ask Arthur – Again (December 2013)
Ask Arthur Again, again (December 2014)
Ask Arthur yet again (July 2015)
It’s that time again (December 2015)
It’s ‘Ask Arthur’ time again (December 2016)
Let the 2017 asking begin (November 2017)

4 comments:

rogerogreen said...

What words do you have the most difficulty spelling?

rogerogreen said...

Why do birds suddenly appear every time you walk near? No, wait, that's a Carpenters song.

Tell stories about your parents you've never told before.
When you were a PK, how well versed were you in terms of Scripture? How are you now?
What was the first two or three things about the church (besides its position on being gay) that you found problematic?
Who are your all-time favorite Republicans?
Who was your favorite musical act when you were 13? Your favorite album then?
Who are your favorite composers (classical), artists (painters, sculptors, et al) ?
If you were to live in the US again, where would that be?
Will New Zealand disappear because of climate change? And if so, approximately when?

As usual, I couldn't think of anything. But I will ponder it.

rogerogreen said...

Oh, I finally found something. Did you see this story about "gay conversion" -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5AIkfq1z2k CAN you see it in NZ? If you can, what did you think of it?
Regardless, were you, or anyone you know, subjected to it?

Arthur Schenck (AmeriNZ) said...

I hope you're able to think of something at some point.