}

Tuesday, December 01, 2015

World AIDS Day 2015


As with so many other years, I’m extremely busy with work at the moment, with no time, really, to write a proper post. Yet I wanted to mark the day, so I’m sharing the video above, “The Science of HIV/AIDS”, by ASAPScience, one of my favourite science explainer channels on YouTube. It talks about the science of how HIV/AIDS works, which a lot of people still don’t understand.

One of the things I’ve often said about remembering this day is that it’s partly about defiance of all the people who wanted us all dead, and also those who even today use HIV/AIDS as a political weapon to advocate for discrimination against gay people. I honestly don’t think that will ever change.

We have a long way to go yet before we can stop reminding people how to protect themselves, and we are probably still quite awhile away from a cure. But at least now we have some effective treatments, and that’s something.

But, even when the shadow passes, we must still remember all those we lost. It’s the duty of those of us who survived.

Previous years’ blog posts:
World AIDS Day 2014
World AIDS Day 2013
World AIDS Day 2012
World AIDS Day 2011
World AIDS Day 2010
World AIDS Day 2009
World AIDS Day 2008
World AIDS Day 2007
World AIDS Day 2006

2 comments:

rogerogreen said...

I did an AIDS post this year. 12/1 is always an important day, and this was also the 60th anniversary of Rosa Parks' ride. http://www.rogerogreen.com/2015/12/01/nys-end-hivaids-in-the-state-by-2020/

BAGWASI STELLA said...

HIV/AIDS CURED WITH HERBS

Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will live on earth before the year runs out. I was searching through the internet, I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HIV) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of money going from one places to another,hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I saw a testimony on how DR oziegbe helped someone in curing Her HIV disease, quickly I copied his email which is ( droziegbespellhomecure@gmail.com ) Dr. oziegbe HERBAL medicine is a good remedy for HIV, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health… Thank God now everything is fine, I’m cured by Dr. oziegbe herbal medicine, I’m very thankful to Dr. oziegbe , i went for a check up again today what a great surprise to me I was NEGATIVE thanks Dr. oziegbe if you are having a similar problem please contact Dr. oziegbe through his email address, DROZIEGBESPELLHOMECURE@GMAIL.COM