}

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Queen’s 2012 Broadcast


Here, as has become my tradition, is the annual Christmas Broadcast from Queen Elizabeth, the Queen of New Zealand (etc.) and Head of the Commonwealth. She’s also head of the Anglican Church, which explains all the overt religiosity. My mind always drifts when she starts the religious part.

To be honest, I’ve always thought that these messages are a little too slow moving, maybe even a bit dour. And, they seem to make the video private at some point in the year following, which is weird. So, this could be your only chance to see it.

I don’t remember ever seeing one while living in the USA. That’s probably part of the reason I make a point of watching them.

And, posting them is now my blogging tradition.

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Actually, I rather liked the religious part in that it spoke to service and humility, as exemplified by Jesus.

Arthur Schenck said...

Yes, and that's typically the sort of thing she says. And I certainly don't think there's anything wrong with that, it's just that ordinarily my mind starts to wander whenever people start talking about Jesus.