}

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Weekend Diversion: New Toad The Wet Sprocket song



This is a new song is from Toad the Wet Sprocket (TTWS), a band that rose to prominence with their 1991 Album “Fear”. It had the Top 20 hits “All I Want” and “Walk on the Ocean”. Their next album, 1994’s “Dulcinea” produced charted singles “Fall Down” and “Something’s Always Wrong”. The band hasn’t recorded since 1997, though they toured after that.

This month, the band announced it was reuniting, and this song is their first recording since 1997. “It Doesn't Feel Like Christmas” was written by Sam Phillips (her own version is on YouTube). The TTWS song is free for anyone who wants it: All you have to do is sign up for the band’s email list. (I don't know what the procedure is if you click the "download" button above).

Back in the day, I was frequently driving back and forth to a home improvement store and when “All I Want” came on the radio, I turned it way up. I’ve liked them, and the solo work by lead singer Glen Phillips, ever since. It’s nice to have them back.

No comments: