}

Thursday, May 01, 2014

NZ Music Month 2014


May is New Zealand Music Month (NZMM), something I’ve never blogged about. It promotes New Zealand artists and music, which makes it something I should have talked about before now.

I think it’s high time that I took part in NZ Music month, so this month I’ll post some new music, some old, and some just because I like it. As always, I’ll have something to say along the way, about the song or artist or both.

The video above sort of dropped into my lap, which makes it as good a place as any to start: Today, NZ music icon Dave Dobbyn Tweeted the link to the video above, “I will find you” by nomad. Dobbyn produced the song and played guitar on it. I hadn’t heard it before and, to be honest, its slow start kind of put me off. But it built as it went, and I ended up liking it.

Starting with a band I know nothing about simply because it was promoted by a NZ music icon—that’s the perfect way to start.

There's also live performance of the song on TVNZ's The 4:30 Show.

No comments: