}

Saturday, November 03, 2007

AmeriNZ #50 - Fabulous



Episode 50 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can listen to it or download it through the player at the bottom of the post here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it for free through the player on my MySpace page.

This is the 50th episode of the AmeriNZ Podcast! I also commemorate the twelfth anniversary of my arrival in New Zealand to live, and it's the date Nigel and I take as our anniversary, too.

Today, I share some memories of my arrival in NZ. I also give you a behind-the-scenes look at what went into the creation of my podcast. I then have comments, before moving on to some time with Nigel. Intermixed are phone messages I received, plus plenty of things I've never played publicly before.

I also move the curtain so you can see some of the behind-the-scenes magic. The jet landing sound effect has been part of the intro since episode one, as has the Morse Code. I also tell you about some of what led to the creation of the podcast.

Thanks for your support over the first 50 episodes! I hope to make the next 50 better and better.

Mentioned on this episode:

Ramble Redhead where I was a guest (part one)

Ramble Redhead where I was a guest (part two)

WinMorse code generator

The Holiday Time post from 2006


Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a great podcast. Enjoyed all of it but particularly the part with Nigel. I love hearing a boyfriends podcast.

I'm so struck by the fact that it is Nigel's family who are really wanting the marriage. That is so fantastic - what wonderful support -- I'm sure it is more than just having a party!

I'm not sure what a new dig or digg is. You mention that with the money you could spend on a wedding you could get a new dig - is that a new home?

Congrats on 12 years in NZ
Congrats on 12 years with Nigel
Congrats on the 50th podcast.

Best wishes to you both.

Arthur Schenck said...

Glad you enjoyed it, JQP! What you experienced is Nigel's dinkum (genuine) Kiwi accent: He was saying "deck" (we're looking at having a deck added to the back of the house). I don't even notice accent differences like that anymore, but I sure did 12 years ago!

You're right, too, that it's not just about a party for Nigel's family, but more about support and wanting to share with us.

Thanks for the good wishes!

Anonymous said...

It's always great to hear Nigel on the podcast. You know I think you should have him on more often. Loved hearing you two talk about your coming to NZ. Congrats again on all your anniversaries!

Arthur Schenck said...

Thanks, Archerr. I actually hadn't intended on waiting so long to have Nigel back on, but this certainly provided a good reason!