}

Tuesday, December 07, 2021

Yes, ask again

For several years beginning in 2012, I had an annual year-end series of “Ask Arthur” posts (I also had two July series, but gave up that idea). I didn’t do one in 2019, of course, but I realised that if I want to do a 10th anniversary series next year, I couldn't very well skip another year. Like last year, then, I thought, “why not?”

As in previous years, I'll leave the questions open until I near the end of the series. If I don't get any questions, this'll be a very short series, but whatever happens it'll end on or before December 31..

These “Ask Arthur” posts offer a chance for people to ask me nearly anything, and I try to answer whatever I’m asked. I’ve never had topics that I decided in advance are “off limits”, but I always said that if I couldn’t answer something for whatever reason, I’d say so. So far, I've never had a question that I wouldn’t answer.

Over the years, I’ve been asked about myself, my past, about life in New Zealand—mine or in general—about being an expat, what I think about various topics or events in the news, and so on. I'm also completely open to answering questions about grief, too, something that some people seem to be kind of afraid of asking about (even though I've blogged about it a lot over the past two years). In other words, there are many different topics, and many possibilities.

To ask questions, leave a comment on this post (anonymous comments are allowed; all comments are currently moderated, so there may be a delay before yours appears). Or, you can email me your question (and you can even tell me to keep your name secret, although, why not pick a nom du question?). You can also ask questions on the AmeriNZ Facebook page, however, keep in mind that all Facebook Pages are public, just like this blog, so if you ask a question there, anyone can read it and associate it with your name. Instead, you can send me a private message (not a comment on the page itself) through the AmeriNZ Facebook Page (private messages aren't public—at the moment?).

Finally, as I always note, this idea is stolen from inspired by Roger Green’s “Ask Roger Anything” (“ARA”) posts. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Or, something like that.

So, over to you: Ask your question whatever way works best for you, and I’ll do my best to answer it.

All posts in this series will be tagged “AAA-21”. All previous posts from every “Ask Arthur” series are tagged, appropriately enough, ”Ask Arthur”.

Previously:

What do you want to know? (December 2012)
Ask Arthur (July 2013)
Ask Arthur – Again (December 2013)
Ask Arthur Again, again (December 2014)
Ask Arthur yet again (July 2015)
It’s that time again (December 2015)
It’s ‘Ask Arthur’ time again (December 2016)
Let the 2017 asking begin (November 2017)
Let the 2018 asking begin (November 2018)
There was no “Ask Arthur” series in 2019.
Sure, why not ask again? (December 2020)

3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Sorry, can't think of a thing.

Arthur Schenck said...

That's a shame. We were all depending on you, but we'll get through.

Roger Owen Green said...

OK, I just thought of one. Are there any famous people with the surname Schenck? How about famous (or hemisemidemifamous) people named Arthur Schenck? My Google notifications are forever telling me about golfers, musicians, pastors, police chiefs named Roger Green.