}

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

In more detail


The video above was all over my social media today, and it’s actually quite good. It goes into detail about one of the groups I was talking about the other day, and what makes them so truly awful.

After I watched the video above, I noticed that last month Media Matters For America also posted a video (below) specifically on North Carolina’s infamous “bathroom bill”. In that video, they talk about some of the same things I mentioned in my post on Saturday, and also my post on Friday.

I’m glad to see others working on exposing the extent and true nature of what the radical right professional anti-gay industry is up to. As Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis (1856-1941) famously said, “Publicity is justly commended as a remedy for social and industrial diseases. Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants; electric light the most efficient policeman.” This will test whether he was right.

2 comments:

rogerogreen said...

So,me short-haired cis woman was challenged in a Connecticut bathroom. This is discrimination and all that, but it's also really stupid.

Arthur Schenck (AmeriNZ) said...

Yep. Vox recently reported on several such incidents: ”Women are getting harassed in bathrooms because of anti-transgender hysteria”.