}

Friday, June 29, 2007

AmeriNZ #21 – In the News

Episode 21 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can listen to it or download it through the player at the bottom of the post here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it for free through the player on my MySpace page.
This episode is a bit longer than I’d planned, but it’s been a busy week in our household, with a new puppy and new heating system. And, I haven’t recorded “live” in a week and a half, so there are a lot of comments to get through. They give me the chance to tell a few stories from my past, including a sordid one from my only trip to Atlanta.
In the main news, apparently the White House is “seriously considering” a stopover in New Zealand for George Bush at the conclusion of the APEC (Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation) forum in
Sydney in September. I have mixed feelings about it. An online poll of 1,977 people (at the time I visited) who chose to participate at the New Zealand Herald website had 71% of respondents against a visit, and only 29% for it. The poll is totally unscientific, as the Herald admits, since it includes only people who choose to participate. Nevertheless, it’s a huge spread between the two.
A special shout-out to a listener and MySpace friend. I’m also on Facebook, among other things. Friend me if you want.

Update 30/6/07: There was some sort of problem with this episode, so I deleted it and re-uploaded it. It seems fine now.

Update 2: I had to upload the file and re-post the episode a second time because the first time it was serving up only half the file.



Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Bush doesn't stop over...I know that will piss you off. Maybe he'll do a flyover.

I've got to remember to come back and read the comments after I leave a comment. Listening to you tell your responses to our comments makes me think I should reply again. Also, it's interesting how when you are talking about the comments brings up new stories for you to tell....like the Atlanta story.

I hope the heat is still keeping you warm. Glad it got installed without problems...except for the adjustment that needs to be made. Hopefully it's fixed now.

RambleRedhead said...

Congrats on another great show and congrats on the new addition to the family - know it will be great for you!

Thanks for the mention and can't wait to talk with Nigel