}

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Different Planets?


This video, "Scary Mary", presents an alternative movie trailer for a well-known family movie. This completely different take on the film shows how in the hands of a media master something innocent can be made to seem menacing (the Karl Rove approach). It's also kind of like the way people can look at the same issue/politician and see something completely different. Whatever, I just think it's a great vid. Thanks to American Values Alliance for putting up the link (they're a group in Indiana that seems to want to do the right thing about political discussion, even if I personally think they're not quite there yet). The path to them came courtesy of a comment at Joe.My.God (blog link at right).

4:55PM: This post has been slightly edited and expanded since originally posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment! I wrote the AVA post - and I also left the post on Joe.My.God about the post you visited for. One of the good things about the AVA site is that you're free to join yourself and start posting. If you start posting regularly, I'll promote you to the front page. :) Then you can help shape the discussion.

You can also visit my own site, bilerico.com if you'd like. The post you refer to was cross-posted on both sites.

Arthur Schenck said...

Thanks for stopping by!

I'm working my way through posts at both sites. Thanks for providing the link.