}

Friday, July 13, 2018

So far, so good

One week ago today, I started a new prescription drug. It was a major change, and one I’d wanted to make for awhile. While it’s always true that adjusting to new drugs can sometimes take weeks, so far things are going really well.

I talked about the change and everything behind it last week, and this has been my first week on the new drug. Everything I said last week about the improvements I saw after reducing the dosage of beta blockers is still true, and maybe more so.

I’m not a morning person under the best of circumstances, but while taking beta blockers I really struggled to get going in the morning. After that, it was difficult to have energy to get through the day. But starting the day at all was rough.

Now that I’m off beta blockers entirely, I find mornings easier, so called: I still don’t leap out of bed or anything, but mornings are far easier to take now than they were. This is a major improvement.

I haven’t noticed any additional improvement in “cognitive abilities” (chiefly memory and focus) than what I noted last week, but the important point is that I’m FAR better than I ever was on beta blockers. That state of affairs is a good one to be in.

So, one week in this, and so far, so good. The next phase comes two weeks from yesterday, when I get the scan of my heart, and after that I’ll know more about my situation. Right now, though, things are going very well, and that’s enough for me. For now.

No comments: