}

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Something nice


UK department store John Lewis has released it’s 2015 Christmas TV advert, “The Man on The Moon” (video above). It's a gentle, sweet ad, like theirs tend to be. The YouTube description says:
This is the story of a young girl called Lily. Looking at the moon through her family telescope one night, she is amazed at what she finds, a man on the moon.

Lily watches on as our man goes about his chores, all alone up there. She becomes determined to get something to the moon, to send him a message and show him that someone down here is thinking of him.

The music is ‘Half the World Away’ performed by Aurora, the original song was by Oasis.
I’ve shared two of their previous ads, “The Bear and the Hare” (2013) and also “Monty The Penguin” (2014). I’d never heard of the store until 2013 when I first saw one of their ads shared on the Internet. Actually, there’s probably no reason why I would have heard of them, since they’re a UK store.

In any event, I just think it’s a nice ad to end what was a difficult and challenging week. But, more about that this coming week. Right now, I’d like to just share some something nice.

No comments: