}

Friday, August 01, 2008

Hitting back at McSame’s attack ad



This ad is in response to John McSame’s taking the low road in campaign advertising, despite promising that he wouldn’t use attack ads and negative campaigning. The Karl Rove-style ad misleads people about Barack's energy plan and even mocks his ability to inspire voters and bring Americans back into the political process.

The response includes some of the criticism levelled at McSame over his attempted distortion and sets the record straight.

I’m pleased to see that the Barack's campaign is responding directly to the negative campaigning by John McSame and the Republicans.

Update 03/08/08: Newsweek reprinted Factcheck.org's demolition of the McSame "celebrity" attack ad against Barack Obama. (Thanks to Dawn for sending me the link).

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Here's the kicker, or at least a kicker: McCain attacks Obama for not going to the German hospital that holds American casualirties, but they were all gearted to attack him FOR going there (as a photo op). Whatever ambivalance I have for Obama ain't nothing like the feeling that McCain is playing BOTH the Lemmon and Mattheau role in the movie Grumpy Old Men.

Arthur Schenck said...

I completely agree. Most of the time when I hear McCain "respond" (translate as "attack"), I think to myself, "what the hell is he so grumpy about?" One of these days I expect to see him stamp his feet and cry, too.