}

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

AmeriNZ 88 - Seeing again for the first time


Episode 88 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can listen to it or download it through the player at the bottom of the post here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it for free through the player on my MySpace page.

It’s now five days since I had my LASIK eye surgery, and today I tell you about that and why it was such a big deal for me. The whole thing wasn’t nearly as bad as I was expecting, and it all turned out well. I tell you about the day, the immediate aftermath and what the situation is so far.

Comments then give me the chance to talk a bit more about my impending feed change, which is moving closer. I’m planning a special episode later this month—more details to follow.

Leave a comment. Or, you can ring my US listener line on 206-339-8413. Email me (won’t be read on the podcast) at arthur{at)amerinz.com. You can also still use my other address, amerinz[at) yahoo.com.

Running time: 32:36 (30 MB)


Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Arthur,

Glad to hear the lasik surgery went well, and that you recovered quickly. I've considered going under the laser, and your experience is encouraging.

Still love listening to your show, and looking forward to hearing the progress reports on your eyes.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your eye surgery came out so well! Congrats on the eye sight!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new eyes!!!

Was the other smell... the one you couldn't quite identify... Nutmeg perhaps?

-Grayson

Arthur Schenck said...

David: Thanks so much! Yes, my recovery has gone very well. While LASIK is a serious procedure, and of course people should consider risks and as well as benefits, I do recommend the procedure. A little discomfort for the dramatic difference makes it all worthwhile, I think.

Archerr: Thanks! I much prefer this system to endless prescription changes, and the expense and difficulty dealing with it all.

Grayson: Actually, it was a kind of spice-like smell (on top of the singed hair smell). But it wasn't offensive or anything. It was one of those, "Hm, that's odd..." kind of smells.