}

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Fox FAIL map

Now we know why America’s rightwing gets things so desperately wrong with the Middle East: They have no idea where anything is! The above map is from the from Faux News' The Live Desk on July 27.

The map was probably put together by a behind-the scenes nincompoop in the graphics department, but it was fed to editorial and production nincompoops for use by their on-air morons. You could say it’s a perfect storm of stupidity.

What I find especially interesting is that this is indicative of the way such things are shared nowadays: I found out about this not from a blog or news article, but from a Tweet on Twitter from Brad from the 773 Podcast who linked to Media Matters (where I got the screen grab). They, in turn, found out about it from another Twitter user. I read somewhere that increasingly Twitter is becoming the medium of choice for sharing web links. I use it to share things I wouldn’t normally blog about, and sometimes things I would.

And, for the record, I’ve known where Egypt is for almost as long as I can remember.

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Egypt: home of the pharaohs. Iraq: cradle of civilization. same diff, n'est-ce-pas?
WV: cluttica. the brain after watching Faux News too long.

Mark from Slap said...

Now now, maybe Fox is right and this is just their way of reporting on Egypt's sudden invasion? The battle was over pretty quick, wasn't it?