}

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

AmeriNZ 65 – Sweet and Sour


Episode 65 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can listen to it or download it through the player at the bottom of the post here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it for free through the player on my MySpace page.

Today is a both sweet and sour. I've just finished celebrating my birthday, which was really good. But today was the state funeral for Sir Edmund Hillary, which was sad. Today, I talk about both.

First I talk about Sir Ed's funeral, and explain a little bit about how much he meant to New Zealanders. He was an extraordinary man, and we'll probably never again see anyone like him.

Then it's on to a lighter topic—my birthday! What did Nigel get me, and what did I think about it? How did we celebrate? It's different from how I celebrated in Illinois.

A few comments, another bald plea for reviews on iTunes, and that's it for this Tuesday edition.

Leave a comment, or you can email me at amerinz(at}yahoo.com or ring my US listener line on 206-339-8413.

Links for this episode:

Sir Edmund Hillary coverage on TVNZ, including the funeral itself.

"Blue Savannah" by Erasure iTunes USA Store or iTunes NZ Store. Or go to Amazon.com.


Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so nice of Nigel to get you the podcasting equipment. I know you enjoy having new toys to play with. He's so nice.

Arthur Schenck said...

I agree--it was very nice, but he's nicer. I think I'll keep him!

Anonymous said...

Arthur - Life has been a tad overwhelming on my end and I haven't been keeping up with my comments. I do catch up on the podcasts sooner or later. Sorry you had such terrible trouble with the airlines (United is on my shit list as well) and so glad you had a great birthday.

Sorry I didn't get to speak with you when you were in the US - so nice of you and Rambleredhead to give it a try.

Best wishes for many more birthdays.