}

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Toward conclusion

The Rugby World Cup is finally starting to wind down. Last night I saw an episode of “The Simpsons” I hadn't seen before. In it, Homer, as Joan of Arc's father, says:

“We're French: We don't have a word for 'victory'!”

Personally, I'm hoping that proves to be the case when New Zealand and France battle it out in Cardiff.

Also in that episode, Ned Flanders, as the King of Troy, receives the Greek's gift of a giant wooden horse and remarks, “From now on, whenever anyone gets wood, they'll think of Trojans”. That has nothing to do with the upcoming rugby match (unless I make a forced reference to the French needing protection); I just thought it was funny.

2 comments:

lost in france said...

Sorry for you about the result of the match, Arthur. Is it true that Dan Carter is moving to Europe (drool, drool)?

Arthur Schenck said...

I don't know about Carter (I doubt he'd go), but eight others are apparently going to play out their careers in Europe.