}

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

AmeriNZ 90 - Kiwi Kustoms

Episode 90 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can get it here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it through the player on the right hand side of my blog, or on my MySpace page. You can also download the file directly by right-clicking here.

Today I tell you some of what it’s like living in New Zealand. This comes from a question from a listener who asked about the character and pace of daily life in NZ compared to the US. So I tell you about a few small things you probably wouldn’t read in a book or article, and put those things into a larger context.

This is all in a lead-up to my episode about moving to New Zealand, which I’ll be recording next week. If you have a question about that, or about New Zealand generally, send an email to me at arthur(at]amerinz.com by the weekend.

I also have an update on the changes to my podcast hosting, including the new website/blog for the shownotes, though it’s too early to make any changes, like to bookmarks, etc.

After comments, I tell you about Episode 91, which will be a special episode.

Leave a comment. Or, you can ring my US listener line on 206-339-8413. Email at arthur{at)amerinz.com. You can also still use my other address, amerinz[at) yahoo.com.

Running time: 25:37 (23.8 MB)

Links for this episode
Subscribe
Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are moving forward for the move to the new podcast site. You will be so happy when it's all done and you get into a regular routine of posting to it.

Anonymous said...

I just ran across your blog/podcast and randomly started with episode 90. I live in the US and have 2 close friends here from NZ. Now I finally know why they say "that's all right" when I thank them for something! After 5 years as friends they don't stump me too often anymore, but just the other day I had to stop the conversation and ask what in the world a "chilly bin" was!
Looking forward to hearing more from you.

Arthur Schenck said...

Thanks, Anonymous! I have to warn you, though: After nearly 13 years in New Zealand, I still sometimes hear a word or phrase that I don't know! Feel free to ask questions at any time.