}

Friday, June 28, 2019

Still producing in winter


The tomatoes are still coming, even as we near midwinter. The Instagram photo above shows today’s haul, and there are still more on the plants. Nice as this is, it’s certainly unusual: I’ve never seen anything like this.

Earlier this month I posted a photo of our tomato harvest at that time. Because it was already winter, I thought that we were near the end of our harvest. But the tomato plants just keep going, though they are starting to look a little bit ragged. Still, they’re not done quite yet. That’s nice.

This is the oddest thing I have seen happen out in the garden. It probably won’t be the last time I say that.

Related:

"Productive holiday weekend"
– When we planted the tomatoes.
"The tomatoes are growing" – The plants were growing well by December.
"Gardening work" – When I noticed the tomato plants were in bloom in late autumn.
"Winter produce" – Our first winter harvest.
"Photo Trial" – They were even the subject of a photo experiment.

No comments: