}

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Twelfth Twitterversary


Today is my Twelfth Twitterversary: On April 24, 2007, Twitter became the second social media network I joined in an effort to promote my still-new podcast. MySpace was the first one I joined, because everyone was using it at the time, but while I never closed the account, I haven’t been to it in years. Has anyone? I’ve also neglected Twitter in recent years, and used Facebook a bit more. Things change.

Twitter has become unimportant to me (I never even made a tag for blog posts where I mention it, though I have one for Facebook). I seldom notice my anniversaries with it, and hardly talk about my own Twitter account (the last time I blogged about it was in 2017, on my 10th Twitterversary https://amerinz.blogspot.com/2017/04/tenth-twitterversary.html). I noticed it today because I was checking Twitter (because of the daily email digest I get) and a prompt from Twitter to use a pre-made Tweet was at the top of my feed. So, I did. And now I’m sharing it here, too.

I wonder if I’ll say anything about it next year. It’ll be a surprise for us all.

No comments: