}

Thursday, June 02, 2016

Tooth Tales: Small bite

Not every story in this Tooth Tales series is a big one or complicated, but even the small ones form part of the larger story. This is one of them.

Today I went to the periodontist for the second of two treatments. It was far more involved than I expected, and I think he may have done more work than he originally planned. Even so, I had no real pain, apart from a couple brief, small jolts on two teeth when he first began (one of them being that troublesome front tooth that’s dropped).

When he was done, he said it’s all looking really good, which is encouraging—especially because after the check-up I’d felt quite discouraged. The appointment began a little early (!) and ended a bit early, too, both of which were nice, but it also cost more than the last treatment, which wasn’t nice.

However, my next check-up is in six months, not the five months it’s been, and that’s a sign of improvement. I’ll also be seeing the hygienist in four months, which may sound quick, but it I last saw her in January, with these treatments some four months later. This time, I’ll see the periodontist two months after the hygienist, which has got to be a good thing. I guess I’ll know for sure in a half year’s time.

Now I can schedule an appointment with the orthodontist for the new mould of my bottom teeth, which is where the story detoured one month ago today. I haven’t scheduled the appointment yet, but late June or July would work best for me, I think.

And so, the next Tooth Tale will probably be after I’ve been to the orthodontist, whenever that is. And the story should be back on track again.

Today’s story isn’t the biggest or most important of the stories in this series, but it’s still a step in the process. There will probably be a few other small stories over the next year and half or so, but I’m hoping that those won’t be detours.

The saga continues.

The image above is a reproduction from the 20th US edition of Gray's Anatomy, and is in the public domain. It is available from Wikimedia Commons.

3 comments:

Arthur Schenck (AmeriNZ) said...

Without the box office receipts…

rogerogreen said...

And a saga it is. You're a regular George Lucas!

rogerogreen said...

Ya gotta learn how to MONETIZE this stuff!