}

Monday, March 17, 2008

Peace breaking out?

I saw an encouraging article today reporting that the Obama and Clinton campaigns, or their surrogates, are toning down their rhetoric against each other. That’s great news.

I’ve been dismayed at the level of Democrat-destroying bile being flung around by both sides. The problem for me hasn’t been the candidates themselves or their high-level supporters, but rather, the ordinary supporters of the campaigns.

However, it’s worth remembering that Republicans are posting comments on Democratic forums and blogs in order to encourage fighting and division among Democrats. So I always focus on reminding people of our common goal: Defeating John McSame and the Republicans, and I won’t get drawn into fights about which candidate is better.

As I’ve said many, many times now, I will vote for whoever becomes the Democratic nominee. I think all Democrats should make that same public pledge.

No comments: