}

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

AmeriNZ #59 - Politics here and there


Episode 59 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can listen to it or download it through the player at the bottom of the post here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it for free through the player on my MySpace page.

It's now one month until the first real votes will be cast in the US Presidential candidate selection process, so I'm joined again today by Jason for a talk about all that. What's up with Huckabee? Is his star rising at Romney's expense? And does Romney stand for anything? On the Democratic side, the media should be more responsible in talking about falsehoods, especially those directed at Obama. Will Obama be hurt by such an early Iowa Caucus? Does the media shape what the campaign is about? In future episodes we'll talk about candidates and the campaigns as events unfold. I recorded this early because I knew I'd be too busy to record this week.

Also, I'll soon be attending a candidate selection meeting here in New Zealand for our elections, which are also next year. I'll talk about that in an upcoming episode. Comments and the expat briefing will be on Friday.

Leave a comment or send an email to me at amerinz{at)yahoo.com. You can also ring my US listener line on 206-339-8413.


Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great political discussion. I liked how you summed up things the way they are now and where they are going. You did a good job of hitting all the candidates and what's going on with each one. I enjoy it when you have Jason on!