}

Thursday, June 29, 2023

Nice photos

There are times when nice photos are especially appealing. It’s not just a matter of aesthetics, either: Sometimes a nice photo, pretty picture, or stunning natural view can be restorative, making up for other things we experience that man not be nice, pretty, or stunning. Or, they just be fun to share.

This is another post for me to share photos that haven’t made it onto this blog. There are many photos that I share on social media that, for whatever reason, I don’t share here, too. The photos in this post are examples of that.

The photo up top is one I shared last night to my Instagram and personal Facebook. I’ve shared a similar shot before, but, as last night I explained why I shared it again:
Leo wanted to go outside a few minutes ago, and I looked up. I don’t know why, but this view always appeals to me. Every time.
The area I live isn’t particularly photogenic in the daytime, but I’ve shot some very nice photos as the daylight wanes, or after it’s gone altogether. The daylight photos that I have shared shown beautiful skies—probably the running theme for photos I take in this area.

Leo was again the subject of a photo last week:

I said in the caption on my personal Facebook:
I caught up with some family for dinner, and when I got home, Leo was sooooooo happy to see me—as always. But after he was fed, went outside, had his usual evening treat, and then sat on my lap, he disappeared. I found him lying on top of the t-shirt and shorts I slept in last night (I change a few times a week, including every Friday) that I left lying on the bed because I knew I was going out tonight, and I also knew he likes laying on my “used” clothes—I just didn’t expect him do do it after I got home.

I love coming home and seeing how happy he is to see me, and I know he’ll snuggle up tonight when we go to bed, just like always. He makes my life so much better without any effort. I should try to be more like him, tbh.
This particular photo was going to be part of a post I was working on for this past weekend, but I ended up taking part of it for an entirely different post. The fact is, this photo of Leo is obvkiously too cute not to share.

And finally today, two related photos that I haven’t shared anywhere but here:

The peace lily at the left is in the lounge, next to my chair, and the one on the right is in the en suite, next to the vanity. Both of the plants have bloomed before, but I can’t remember them both blooming at the same time before. It’s always nice when those plants go from being a background sort of thing to an object for my attention. It’s nice when that happens.

Back in September 2021, I shared a photo on this blog that I hadn’t shared anywhere else (and I explained why that was). The photo of the peace lilies in this post is similar to that, but the other two are photos that I did share on social media, just not as part of a blog post. I’m sure there are more photos like that.

This post, and the photos are ones that made me feel good, for various reasons, and that’s the biggest reason to share them. Sometimes, it really is just be fun to share photos, and that’s reason enough.

This post has been updated. Follow the link to see the update.

No comments: