}

Friday, June 09, 2023

A great day was had

Today was a great day. It was yet another bright, sunny day, though with the odd small, wispy cloud here and there. And I got stuff done.

First stop: The vampires (time for my annual blood tests). When I got there, I saw the facility had moved—a couple doors down. I didn’t notice when I drove right past it (it’s one building surrounded by a car park). Oops.

The service was VERY fast (no one was waiting). My doctor sent through the order form (or whatever it’s called) yesterday by email; Pathlab’s website says, they no longer accept faxes, and I didn’t know anyone would still think that was even an option anymore (we sold our fax machine nearly 20 years ago).

I found out about the fax thing because I had to look on their website to find a location that was open because they have extra, extra serious staff shortages. Seriously, for anyone in healthcare, education, or skilled construction trades who’d be interested in moving to New Zealand, this would be a great time to do it.

I even got a message from Jesus. Well, I didn’t, I just sort of saw a message intended for someone else:

A trip to the home centre for some project supplies (especially more filament for my line trimmer), and I was back home, making Leo very happy.

No comments: