}

Saturday, April 22, 2023

Something unusual happened this morning

Something unusual happened this morning: I went to have my shower, and Leo followed me, as he always does. I went into the en suite and Leo went in there, too, as always. He usually sticks around a bit before going into the bedroom to get under the bed to snooze, or maybe he’ll go back out to the front of the house.

We usually have a little “chat” before he leaves, and today I said to him, “I noticed it’s been *ages* since you jumped up on the bed while I have my shower.” He left the room as I got myself ready, I turned on the shower and went back into the bedroom to hang up the sweatpants I put on each morning when I get up. Leo was on the bed.

There are two possibilities. First, he understood what I said, and did something he knew would make me happy. More likely, it was pure coincidence. Or, it could’ve been some sort of non-verbal understanding that dogs and their humans seem to develop.

In any case, I gave him a kiss on the head, told him he was a good boy, and how amazed I sometimes am at how he seems to understand what I say to him. He just looked at me, as he always does. He doesn’t look too happy in the photo above, probably because he knows he needs a trim. But whether he understood me or it was pure coincidence doesn’t really matter. He made me happy, just like he always does.

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

Arthur the dog whisperer