}

Saturday, March 12, 2022

Not talking says little

Many of us have times when we just don’t feel like talking. There may or may not be a reason for that, but it doesn’t really matter: No one should feel compelled to talk if they don’t want to. Not even a blogger.

In recent weeks, I’ve had more and more trouble getting around to blogging. There’s no particular reason for that, or maybe it’s that there are many reasons, but either way, I simply didn’t have the energy to post anything, not even adapting what I wrote on my personal Facebook, something I often do. Those things were already written, and yet I still couldn’t find the energy to adapt them into a post—or even to post them here unedited/altered. That’s pretty major-league malaise, right there.

Still, I’ve posted a lot on my personal Facebook since my most recent blog post, and there are also plenty of things I haven’t (yet) shared anywhere. My intention is to now start sharing those things here, not necessarily in any kind of chronological order, and probably edited more than usual. That will probably mean some days I’ll publish lots of posts, but other days there won’t be any. Maybe there’ll even be several days in a row without posts; that major-league malaise is still around here somewhere, I think.

Well, then, a resolve is set, and mentioning it means I’ll need to follow through—otherwise, what’s the point of saying anything? It’s to keep myself honest. Let’s see what happens.

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

That's good because I didn't want your last ever to be called Final technology upgrade.
You and I see FB very differently. I NEVER post to FB unless it's a link to my blog, another blog, or another FB page. And it's because I often can't FIND a specific post on FB of mine (or yours or anyone else's). Many's the time I might see something Arthur or Kelly wrote on FB and decide, "I want to check that thing out, but the content eludes me.

Arthur Schenck said...

Good thing I didn't refer to a "technology bucket list" or something. That may have turned out much worse for me.

The thing about Facebook for me is that while a lot of my "Facebook Friends" are people I know through podcasting and blogging, a large number are people I know in real life (including some I met IRL because of podcasting, actually). So when I post to Facebook, it's somewhat more personal for me than the stuff I share publicly here, on my podcast, AmeriNZ Facebook Page, Instagram, or on my YouTube Channel. That's why I edit so many of the things I post to my personal Facebook before posting them here, although, sometimes it's just to add links (like I do for a normal blog post).