}

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Quick road trip

Today, I drove down to Ngatea to pick up some things for a work project. It ended up being a good trip, with decent weather and traffic that wasn’t too bad. I met with the client, had lunch from the Copper Kettle (as always) which was great (as always) and came home.


I put a few podcasts on CD to listen to in the car on the way (because my car stereo doesn’t have an iPod interface). It was a good way to catch up with some podcasts. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that before, but I’ll do that in future months.


Today was actually a pretty laid back day, but there was one thing from the TV news tonight: As from midnight tonight, it’ll be illegal to catch and kill great white sharks in New Zealand waters. The sharks are endangered here, with extinction a real possibility. Worldwide, the sharks are threatened. The sharks are also not the deadliest shark species, from a human perspective. From a shark’s perspective, the deadliest species is apparently human.

No comments: