}

Tuesday, October 08, 2019

A friend helps

One of the things that helped me in this horrible time has been the support I’ve received from people far and wide. Whether it was a comment on something I posted on Facebook, or even just a “reaction” to it, they all helped.

One thing I forgot to share here was a post that my friend Roger Green published on his blog on September 22: “A post for Arthur@AmeriNZ”. He’d said on Facebook that he’d be happy to help in any way he could from so far away. When he published his post, I wrote in a comment, “You asked on Facebook what you could do, despite being so far away. This was it!”

Technically, to keep the timeline of these re-posts accurate, I should have published this here yesterday. The fact this being out of chronological sequence bugs me is something I bet Roger understands…

People usually don’t know what to do or say at a time like this, but in my experience it’s simply letting a grieving person know that we see them and we acknowledge what they're going through. I think that more often than not, it’s as simple as that.

So, read Roger’s post. The family appreciated it as much as I did.

2 comments:

rogerogreen said...

1. It seemed the least I could do. You're welcome
2. the chronology DID bug me; ah, you know me too well!

Arthur Schenck (AmeriNZ) said...

I think one of the reasons we get on so well is that our blogging obsessions are so similar.