}

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Left unsaid

The trouble with being too busy to blog is that it leaves so much unsaid. There are things I’d like to have commented on, even things that others may have liked me to comment on, but I simply couldn’t. That’s life, isn’t it?

For the vast majority of bloggers like me, this is very much like a hobby, and since I don’t get paid to blog, when there’s a conflict for my time the things that pay me get priority. That’s simply reality. My brain doesn’t turn off, though.

Even while I’m busy working on, well, work, I think about things I’d like to say in a blog post, even though I know I don’t have time. Sometimes I even sneak a few ideas down. But unlike Roger Green, I don’t write in advance, so when life gets busy or things come up, my posts just stop, and my rough drafts, if any, never get polished.

Sometimes I’ll return to those topics later, but other times I just skip them because their moments have passed. This is why some topics that I might be expected to comment on never make it to this blog.

None of this is unique, of course: It’s simply reality for me and probably a lot of other bloggers, too. The truth is, I don’t really mind: I write and publish posts when I can, and my failure to do so simply means I’ve been busy, nothing more.

The hardest part, though, is re-starting: For me, it’s a bit like trying to start a car on cold Northern Illinois winter morning: The engine may take a while to start, and once it does, it’s best not to drive it until it warms up a bit (it’s safe to go when the heater in the car gets hot). My “engine” has started, but it’s not warmed up yet.

So, that's why so much has been left unsaid. But, that's about to change.

2 comments:

rogerogreen said...

Look out, world! Arturo is BACK!

Arthur (AmeriNZ) said...

Hear me roar!