}

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Free and Equal


Earlier today, I published a post about a project of Free & Equal, an initiative of the United Nations Human Rights Office. Above is their video, “The Riddle”, which was posted back in May; had I known about it then, I would have shared it here. The UN's message is very simple: LGBT rights are human rights. Obviously, I agree.

It turns out, this video can be watched on YouTube with captions in English, French, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Albanian and Arabic. Smart move.

Over the years, I’ve been critical of the UN, as have many other people, but when they do something right, it should be acknowledged, and this is one of those times. Well, done to the United Nations High Commission for Human Rights for playing a part to make sure all the world's people are free and equal.

No comments: