}

Friday, April 01, 2022

A productive day

Today was a productive day, though unplanned. That’s a common enough thing, but in this case it also pushed forward more project work. Of course.

Yesterday, I went to one of the home centres to pick up some stuff. They didn’t have most of what I wanted, and I balked at buying stuff for a soon-to-be-relaunched project. Instead, I bought some things that weren’t on my list (I actually had a list…), stuff I’ve wanted for a long time—since before Nigel died. They’re actually mostly for longer-term projects (one of which I bought now because it was on special). I even bought something on my list(!): I bought a bag of gypsum to help break up the clay soil in areas where I want to plant stuff.

However, I forgot the one thing I went there for: A new TV aerial amplifier. That’s what led me back to the store today—with a new list.

I got the amplifier (went to that first…), plus the stuff I balked at yesterday, and, um, a couple things not on the list. Sigh.

The soon-to-be-relaunched project is The Garage of No Return v2.0. Now that the weather is somewhat less hot, I can actively start drawing up my work plan, and that’s why I needed the supplies: So I’m ready to go when temperatures permit. This is a multifaceted project, one actually made up of several smaller projects. I’ll talk about each one on its own, as they happen.

Meanwhile, this week I’ve been (slowly) working on a new project, my office. Ever since I moved into this house, my office has been a dumping ground, the place I put things I can’t figure out another home for. After I get it cleared and organised, it’ll be the space for me to create, not a place to avoid because of the clutter piled high. Stay tuned.

The amplifier helped with the TV itself: It could tune in Freeview TV channels and radio stations that it couldn’t get before, however, TV One is still awful on the TV and also on the Android box (my usual choice), so I’m thinking there could be a problem with the broadcast itself (the area I live in is a bit dodgy for TV broadcast signals). Still, the amplifier provides surge and short circuit protection, so that’s good, anyway.

And that’s been my past two days. It may sound like small, unimportant stuff, but it actually wasn’t. And that’ll become clearer in the weeks ahead.

No comments: