}

Thursday, May 17, 2012

A brilliant idea


Today, feeling a bit grumpy about things that don’t matter, I looked to see what the furbabies were doing and saw Jake sleeping on top of a pillow he’d knocked over. I grabbed my camera, got closer, and saw the position he was in. “That can’t be comfortable,” I thought. I snapped my photos, Jake endured, and is pictured above.

Meanwhile, Sunny sat nearby watching me, seemingly wondering why I was holding up a little silver box and making it flash a bright light and “beep”. I turned the little silver box toward her. She posed, as she often does. One of them is at right.

And meanwhile again, I saw Bella was sleeping outside in the sun, one of the few sunny days we’ve had lately. I snapped several photos, but only when I was closing the door to stop did she look up. I snapped another photo. I like the combined pissed off/curious look on her face, like below.

Taking the photos turned out to be a brilliant idea, because when I was done after only a few minutes, I’d forgotten what I’d been feeling like before I started. And that was kind of the point. The animals just went back to napping.

2 comments:

Louise said...

Furbabies are brilliant. We just rescued a black kitten, he's wonderful for the grumpies.

Arthur Schenck said...

They have magical powers, I think. ;-)