}

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fifth blogoversary

Today is the fifth anniversary of the day I began this blog—my fifth blogoversary.

On Wednesday, September 13, 2006, I published my first post: “I live in a land downunder. No, the other one…” Seems a lifetime ago, and yet it also seems like hardly any time has passed.

Last year I talked a bit about the origins of this blog, so I won’t go over that again, but I also mentioned the diversity of subjects I’ve written about. That hasn’t changed over the past year, of course, but I have focused a little more on a few core subject areas; look at the posts over the past 30 days or so, and you’ll probably see what I mean.

There have been times over the past year when I just couldn’t complete a post (March and April in particular). It wasn’t that I couldn’t come up with anything to say, it was that I couldn’t finish them—they just ran out of gas, so I abandoned them. It’s not unusual that over the course of a year I accumulate dozens of unpublished posts that remain in draft form, but it IS unusual for me to get as many in the first third of the year as I did this year. Still, despite a few rough patches, I’ve “caught up” and I’m actually ahead of my average of one post per day.

The important part is that I’m still at it, it’s still fun and engaging for me, and I don’t see stopping this blog any time soon. After five years, that’s a pretty good thing.

4 comments:

kim beaver said...

Wow! Congratulations dear and thank you for all the good work for our entertain- and enlightenment!

Here's to many many more years of the AMERINZ!

Hugs and congratulations to Nigel, too :)


xo kb

Roger Owen Green said...

Yay, Arthur! Five years is a millstone. I mean, milestone! Having done mine for a year and a few months more, I definitely understand.

Oh, and the best way to avoid the abandonwed post is to work in some evergreen topics, ones that you could write this week or next month; it's been my salvation.

amerinz's sis said...

Congratulations!! I remember when you were first thinking about starting a blog and all the encouragement you received. I'm glad it's been fun for you and such a success. Actually, I'm not surprised. You've always been very creative and also a good writer.

Best wishes for many more happy years of sharing all kinds of topics with us.

Dave Faulkner said...

Congratulations I can't believe it has been that long


Dave