}

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Finally

A “small market” (Portland, Maine) television journalist asks John McCain the tough questions that the national newsmedia won’t. Add this to the relentless fact-checking (on both parties) being conducted by supposedly “small market” journalists and a pattern emerges: Just as in 2002, 2004, 2006, the mainstream national newsmedia are giving the two parties, and the Republicans especially, soft and easy treatment, while local journalists are asking the tough questions that we need answered. Thank goodness someone is.

Update 10.30pm: I originally embedded the video, but it started playing as soon as the page was loaded. I hate when that happens on other sites, and I wasn't going to allow it here. So, I changed it to an ordinary link instead.

Found via Joe.My.God

3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

Happy blogiversary!
You know that I'm STILL not ready to go to the next level (audio, let alone video) and I've been blogging for over three years! And you've done it all! (OK, one or two videos, but that's one or two more than I've done.)
I'm slow, what can I tell you...

Roger Owen Green said...

Oops, wrong post. Anyway that Maine journalist was noted on Bill Moyers' journal. the point was not that what he did should have been considered extraordinary but that it should NOT have been considered anything but solid journalism.

Arthur Schenck said...

I think that blogging is my first love, actually, because it's written communication, and I love the written word. Fortunately for me, I can sometimes string a few together and have them make sense.

That's a really good point about the interview. I suppose it's an obvious one, but I think I'm so used to poor journalism that it never occurred to me.

Bill Moyers Journal is available as a podcast, I just found out, prompted by your comment, and I subscribed to it. So, thanks for that, too!