}

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

The sound of the 80s


This video from Vox’s “Vox Pop Earworm” series talks about “the sound of the 80s”, gated reverb drums. I loved the sound of music in the 1980s, and this is part of what I loved about it. It’s interesting to me that I understand what they’re talking about, even though I’m not a musician (in any way whatsoever…) because I’ve been podcasting for a decade. Through that, I learned about how recording works, what microphones can do, and how technology influences all of that. I could actually duplicate that sound using the same technology I use for making podcasts. I like that.

In any case, it’s nice to post something non-political for a change.

1 comment:

rogerogreen said...

Peter Gabriel's 3rd album is one of my 20 favorite albums EVER. And it starts with Intruder. I also like it on Prince music of the period.