}

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Smart puppy

Jake is one smart boy. I suppose I would say that, but it’s true all the same.

Jake has a special rubber toy that we fill with dog treats when we leave the house. It’s designed to keep dogs occupied for awhile as they work to get the treats out, thereby not noticing that their humans aren’t there.

Jake worked out that if he takes his toy into the bedroom, then jumps on the bed and drops the toy on the floor, the treats eventually come out and then he eats them. We come home to find the abandoned toy lying on the floor next to the bed.

He must have discovered that trick by accident (well, I assume that’s how it happened…), but he was clever enough to keep doing it.

Whatever. Accompanying is the gratuitous Jake photo for today: He's sunning himself out in his courtyard this afternoon. Maybe he just wanted to call my attention to the weeds I need to pull.

2 comments:

doyle and mollie said...

jakes looking great arthur and no you're not overdoing it they are smart... real smart!

Arthur Schenck said...

He's among the smartest dogs I've ever known. Now, if he could learn to trim himself, that would be great!