}

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me…

Today is my birthday—a sort of big birthday. I made the illustration for a potential cover for a birthday party invitation that I ended up not using. Seemed as good an illustration as any.

Update: Here's a photo of me around lunchtime today with today's paper and its front page story on today's other big news. Good to see that the New Zealand Herald got the oath right; pity about the Chief Justice… Anyway, we got up at 5:30 am to watch. It's been a very good day! That "50" button came from my sister-in-law and her daughter. Nice, eh?

Update 2: We went out to dinner tonight. Since the big party is on Saturday, we had a low-key night. But it was fun all the same. Nigel took the photo below about 6:30pm or so tonight as we waited for our meals.

I had a very good birthday, especially because I was able to celebrate a new president, too.

As a side note, I woke up with a very red eye (visible in my right eye). I have absolutely no idea what caused it—whether I bumped it, Jake accidentally hit my eye or something else. It doesn't hurt, and it looks far worse than it is. Hopefully it'll be gone by Saturday!

9 comments:

Michael in Stuttgart said...

Happy birthday good Arthur!!!! You are definitely a highlight on my schedule and I would like to wish you all the very best for the big events this week!

Herzlichen Glückwunsch!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Arthur! Sounds like you've got a lot to celebrate this year, too.

Bon anniversaire!

Nik said...

Happy birthday! I got you a new President, I hope it fits!

Roger Owen Green said...

Nik- *I* got him the new President!

Anonymous said...

Koa huritau ki koe
Koa huritau ki koe
Koa huritau ki Arthur
Koa huritau ki koeeeeeeeeeee

doyle and mollie said...

happy birthday arthur... hows wee jake going would love to see some pics... bella, craig & doyle

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!

Arthur Schenck said...

Thank you, everyone!! Just a couple notes:

Nik and Roger, I'm afraid Nigel says he arranged for the new president. Obviously, I'll believe him.

Bella, Craig & Doyle: New photos of Jake soon!

Again, thank you everyone!

d said...

Happy Birthday to you! You got the best present ever - a new president! Awesome. :)