}

Sunday, October 06, 2019

Preparing to say goodbye

This photo is of Nigel and me at my 60th birthday party back in January. It was such a good night. Although Nigel wasn't a fan of public speaking, that night he publicly said so many wonderful things about me and about us that it knocked the stuffing out me. I had a whole speech planned, covering some of the same stuff he did, but after he was done I was so emotional that all I could remember was the joke I'd been working on for weeks and weeks (fortunately, everyone laughed at it…).

I was at the visitation yesterday, and it was the first time I'd seen him since he died. He really did look very peaceful and natural—so much so, I was actually surprised. I was also happy about that because I know that many people get freaked out by dead bodies, and to see him looking like Nigel made me feel a little better. Well, a tiny bit better is probably more accurate.

I miss him so damn much.

Originally published on my personal Facebook Page on September 22.

No comments: