}

Friday, December 11, 2015

The people have spoken, part one

The preliminary vote has been announced, and New Zealanders have chosen my second choice (above) as the one that will be going up against the current New Zealand flag. I will vote to change the flag.

In another post, I’ll go further into the reasons for my vote, but for now suffice it to say that I’m not unhappy with this choice, even though I ranked it second. However, I do admit to a bit of eye rolling at the reactions of other.

Despite ALL its hype, Red Peak wasn’t a real contender. And the frankly bitchy reaction of the Red Peak Brigade led me to Tweet, “Seriously, though, Red Peak was the heart icon of the Twitterati and, well, not many others... (see? I can be mean about YOUR choice, too!)”

I honestly couldn’t possibly care less how people vote in next year’s referendum—though I hope a large number vote for change. I’ll vote as my conscience dictates, and I don’t care what anyone thinks about that.

Democracy is a GOOD thing!

No comments: