}

Friday, September 05, 2014

A Democrat as a Democrat


In the 2012 US elections, I frequently wrote about Democrats being Democrats. The commercial above shows it’s still alive: Brad Schneider, US Representative for Illinois’ 10th District, talks about Democratic values and I think that’s a good thing.

Some of the sites where I’ve seen this video shared have focused only on the marriage equality endorsement, but that’s settled law in Illinois, so that was really a brief nod to expanding US policy. Of greater concern to me was Brad’s commitment to women’s rights and focusing on the middle class, not the richest of the rich as his Republican opponent will have to do according to party policy.

In short, Brad Schneider is a Democrat being a Democrat. That, to me, is always a good thing.

No comments: