}

Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Caught up

This hasn’t been one of my better years for blogging: I just haven’t been able to “keep up”. Things are better now.

I have a goal of averaging one blog post per day. That doesn’t mean that I post every day, just that it averages out to that. I “catch up” by posting several times in one day, something that’s made easier on days when there’s a lot I want to comment on or share.

Despite hitting my goal in January, I missed the target in February (must’ve been because of Leap Year…), March and April. May, June and July let me catch up and pull slightly ahead, something I’ve already continued this month.

I like running ahead of my goal as a sort of buffer against those inevitable times in which I’m too busy to post anything, or else don’t have access for some reason. What I haven’t yet mastered is writing posts in advance, either for planned/scheduled posting, or for those times when I don’t have time to post (or can’t think of anything to write about; it happens).

In any case, things are back on track. We’ll see how long that lasts!

No comments: