}

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Which end is up?

I took this photo of Jake this morning as he napped on the sofa. The thing about a dog with thick black fur is that sometimes it’s difficult to tell which end is which. Care is required before delivering kisses, but he’s worth it.

Actually, his dark fur means that sometimes I can’t see him at all, regardless of where his ends are, like if he’s sleeping on the bed before I make it in the morning, while the curtains are still closed. Kind of keeps things interesting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

arthur, I hope U didn't leave Jake behind as you and Nigel have taken off with the MILLION$ from Westpac!

they haven't released the names yet, but I am suspecting it could be you.
(until I hear a new podcast from you anyway).
;-)

Scotty.

Arthur Schenck said...

You know, how sad is that I had no idea what you were talking about until I saw the news tonight? I'm a captive of the corporates…

A new AmeriNZ Podcast will be along in due course.

Rebelyankee said...

That doggie is adorable. Why would you even WANT to move him to make the bed?

doyle and mollie said...

ha ha ha we have the same problem with doyle even when hes standing - this is an old pic - http://theprofessionalsat.blogspot.com/2008/04/home-pests-diseases-monkey-apple.html- but you will get the idea - his head is the same size as his tail lol
we must catch up winters not that easy but come spring the boys must meet!!!!

Arthur Schenck said...

Rebelyankee: Just between us, I don't. There have been days the bed has remained unmade nearly all morning because Jake was sleeping on it.

the professionals: I remember that pic, and it makes Doyle look kinda like a Pushme-Pullyou! I agree, we really do have to arrange for the boys to meet—well, get together again is more accurate, I guess. (For readers who don't know, Doyle is Jake's blood brother. The two haven't seen each other since they were puppies, but we're planning for them to meet up at some point).