}

Friday, January 25, 2008

AmeriNZ 66 – NZ is number 7


Episode 66 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can listen to it or download it through the player at the bottom of the post here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it for free through the player on my MySpace page.

A new study ranks New Zealand number 7 in the world. It doesn't matter on what, exactly, because New Zealanders are fascinated by what other people think of the country. A dead New Zealand Prime Minister is causing a stink in Northern Ireland. Kiwis love classic rock—or do they?

Today is a mixed bag as I talk about a few small things about New Zealand. There are comments, of course, and I give you a brief update on something in in my professional life. There are even some updates from the pod-o-sphere.

Leave a comment or you can email me at amerinz(at}yahoo.com or ring my US listener line on 206-339-8413.

Links for this episode:

NZ seventh in environmental index, Australia 46th

Irish target NZ PM's statue

Kiwis prefer classic rock over pop

We're Mean Because You're Stupid


iSay iSay iSay

Blue Savannah by Erasure iTunes USA Store or iTunes NZ Store. You can also buy Blue Savannah through Amazon.com.


Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The sound is great! So crisp and clear!

When you said in the opening, "A dead NZ prime minister is causing a stink in Northern Ireland" I burst out laughing. That was the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. Of course once I heard the story it made sense.

People in NZ are still buying CD's? That's odd. What a useless report.

So glad to hear iSay, iSay, iSay is back. I wondered what happened to those guys. I've been waiting for an update. I'll have to go to their page and listen. I know less about RSS than others so I doubt I could help.

Rebel Yankee said...

Err, isn't Itunes a lovely thing? I know that getting onto the main page has allowed me a couple of new listeners a day.

Arthur Schenck said...

Archerr: Thanks for the feedback on the sound! I still hope to keep improving it. We'll see.

There are people who still buy CDs, though they may be older and more rural. I don't have any proof of that, it just makes sense to me, so take it with a grain of salt. Nevertheless, the report was useless.

No repair to iSay iSay iSay yet, but here's hoping!

Eric: Yes, it is lovely. I'm still clinging to the front page, but we've both been knocked down a place. It happens. I'll just enjoy the ride while it lasts.