}

Friday, November 23, 2007

AmeriNZ #56 - Kiwi Thanksgiving


Episode 56 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can listen to it or download it through the player at the bottom of the post here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it for free through the player on my MySpace page.

Today I mostly tell you about my odd Thanksgiving Day in New Zealand, which was unusual, even for me. This gives me a chance to tell you about Auckland's poor public transport system. The US Ambassador to New Zealand is a good one. Then there's a visit to The Commonwealth: It suspended Pakistan until democracy is restored. Then, the Queen visited Uganda to open the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, and visited people with HIV/AIDS. Finally, there's even something about the Australian elections, which will be held tomorrow. No comments today, but those will return on Tuesday, along with a wrap-up on the Australian election.

The closing music today is “Regifting for the Holidays” by The Alice Project from the Podsafe Music Network.

Leave a comment or send an email to me at amerinz{at)yahoo.com. You can also ring my US listener line on 206-339-8413.


Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

2 comments:

Siobhan said...

Hi Arthur! I found your blog via my mom who loves your podcasts. I wanted to wish you a (belated) happy thanksgiving! If you ever do host an expat Thanksgiving I'd be willing to supply the cranberry sauce. :D

Arthur Schenck said...

Thanks, Siobhan! Happy belated Thanksgiving to you, too. I still hope to have an expat Thanksgiving one day, so you never know!