}

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

And now a Guest Slap


I've often written about one of my favourite sites, Slap Upside the Head. It's written by Mark, a Canadian who has a fun and interesting take on news and politics in Canada and throughout the world, focusing especially on the GLBT communities. I highly recommend it.

Well, Mark is away for a short while and asked me to contribute a guest post, a “Guest Slap”, as he calls it. I thought it would be a bit presumptuous of me to write about Canada, so I turned to my identity as an expat American looking back from the outside and the result, It's All About Maps, is now posted.

I was honoured that Mark asked me, and thrilled to do it, since his is one of my favourite sites. But I hadn't realised that I was the first Guest Slap he's had, so I'm even more honoured. Actually, this is also the first time I've contributed a bit of writing to someone else's site (not including comments, of course).

Thank you for allowing me on your site, Mark. I tried not to move any of the furniture, and I made sure I cleaned up after myself before I left.

No comments: