}

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

AmeriNZ #39 – Friends and Neighbours

Episode 39 is now available, and it's free no matter where you get it from. You can listen to it or download it through the player at the bottom of the post here, or subscribe for free through iTunes here (you must have the free iTunes player installed). You can also listen to it for free through the player on my MySpace page.

It's been a very busy few days since Episode 38. Among other things, I was a guest on CallBox7. I also made my first-ever guest post on another site, Slap Upside the Head.

Today, Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper addressed the Australian Parliament, the first Canadian Prime Minister to do so. He made some comparisons of Canada with Australia that were more apt as a comparison of Canada with New Zealand. He also talked about 9/11.

Meanwhile, NZ and the US have taken small steps toward closer relations.

Also, a foreign government hacked NZ government computers. Some famous people died. Results of my movie poll, feedback and more.

Update: Podomatic did something odd with the upload of this episode, starting the file again after about three minutes. So, feel free to skip the first three minutes to avoid hearing it again. It's not often that the uploaded file turns out different from the finished version sitting on my computer, but it has happened before. Not my fault, exactly, but probably in keeping with my luck lately.

Update 2: Australian Prime Minister John Howard has avoided a challenge to his leadership of his party and will remain prime minister. Pundits say it's likely that Howard will lead his right wing coalition government into the upcoming Australian elections in which he will face the Australian Labor Party under Opposition Leader Kevin Rudd. Opinion polls currently have Howard's team running about 15 points behind the ALP.

Mentioned in this episode:

CallBox 7

Slap Upside the Head

Archerr's toaster crumbs video

US-NZ relationship on table
NZ spies uncover cyber attacks


Get AmeriNZ Podcast for free on iTunes

4 comments:

Rebel Yankee said...

Arthur,
FINALLY updated my podcast list and downloaded a few eps of the ol' AmeriNZ...you have GREAT "radio voice" and it's such an easy podcast to listen to.
Thanks for making my daily podcast roster grow ever more bloated. :-)
-Eric from "Confessions of a Southern Boy In Yankee Land."

Anonymous said...

Hey Arthur, you comments thingie says "1 comments" LoL

Excellent show today. Listening to AmeriNZ is like listening to NPR New Zealand! I found the whole free trade, pro US and the Canadian Prime Minister in Australia talking about 9/11 thing just facinating!

Anonymous said...

So glad you enjoyed the video. Thank you for the idea! I want you to do a video soon. I think you should show us how you empty the crumbs from a toaster in NZ. Is it any different? hehehe

I have an idea for another video for next week. Stay tuned!

Arthur Schenck said...

Eric: Thanks for the kind comments! You've helped to bloat my podlist, too. But, then, I only listen to podcasts I really like, which is why yours is now listed on my blog under Parade of Podcasts.

Mike: I noticed that, too, and thought it was funny, though I'm pretty sure Blogger didn't used to say that.

Jeez, Mike, that's about the nicest thing anyone's said about my podcast yet--especially since that's the sort of thing I'd like to be doing more consistently.

Archerr: We empty the crumbs in the opposite direction, of course....

Still working on learning to use the video camera, so a video may be delayed a bit.