}

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Feeling grumpy

It must have been the weather.


A few things went wrong, but mostly it was the better part of a week with rain at least some of every day, followed by a weekend of rain, including today’s near-constant rainfall. It all made me a bit grumpy.


Then the clothes washer bit the dust (in mid-load, of course). It had been acting strange for awhile now. At around eight or nine years old, it was positively ancient by modern standards.


So we bought a new super-duper one (a front loader again, of course) which had pretty much the best water usage and energy efficiency ratings available. A new machine wasn’t on the agenda, but the truth is, this machine is better than the old one, so I’m not sorry we had to do buy one now. And, of course, I was able to complete that interrupted load of washing.


I was also still exasperated by the problems I had with my podcast. It wouldn’t download, so Saturday morning I uploaded it again, but when I re-posted the episode, it served up only half of the file (stopping in mid-story). So, I had to re-upload and re-post yet again. There, apparently, four downloads of the half-file. I was not amused.


Still, the chirpy, chipper puppy helped brighten an otherwise grey day today. He was happy to meet a couple of our friends who stopped by today. Well, actually, he was just plain happy.


So, all things considered, I really had nothing to be grumpy about. It must have been the weather.

2 comments:

lost in france said...

Ah, the joys and tribulations of technology!

Arthur Schenck said...

Yes, technology-love is a fraught affair, but the idea of living in a cave somewhere isn't very appealing, so I guess I'll take the bad with the good.